The long-standing use of slate roofing is most probably due to its beauty
Homeowners and property managers know that slate, being a natural stone product, can give their building a stately appearance. Slate and tile are quite costly with the pay-off being in the longevity and durability of the roof. Since slate and tile roofs can last for more than 100 years and therefore do not contribute to waste in the same way that asphalt shingle roofing does, the natural stone materials are an environmentally friendly choice. Notably, slate is also naturally fire resistant.
However, slate roof repair is often essential given that the installation process of slate roofing can be tricky to get right the first time. Unfortunately, many roofing contractors are simply not aware of the complexities of working with slate.
At Belfast Roofing, we have over 25 years of service in slate roof repair and slate roof installation. Since we are local roof tilers in Northern Ireland, we are also familiar with the specific requirements of historical buildings in our region.
We are highly trained professionals who know that:
- Individual slate tiles on their own are very fragile and must be handled with care.
- A well-installed slate roof should last 100 years or more. If your building is experiencing leaks with a relatively new slate or tile roof, please get in touch with Belfast Roofing for an inspection of where the original installation may have gone wrong.
- We always inform our customers who are interested in a slate roof that one slate roofing tile can weigh up to 1,500 pounds per 100 square feet. As such, we always perform a structural evaluation of your property to test whether it can withstand the weight of a slate roof before agreeing to an installation.
- There are unique concerns our customers have with slate roofs. We are happy to help you with:
- Roof lights within slate roofs
- Repointing roof tiles
- Ridge tile replacement
- Cracked roof tile repairs
- Slate roof tile replacement
- Slate roof sheeting and cladding
Proof of Work.
We proudly offer proof of our work.
You will bew able to see photos of works undertaken before you pay
- Complete piece of mind
- See all jobs completed
- Perfect for eiderly relatives
- Complete transparency
- Standard on all jobs
- You see the photos before paying
Address a Fragile Slate Roof with Belfast Roofing
Our customers have come to us with frustrations with the fragility of their slate roof after common maintenance procedures; even accessing an A/C unit on top of your slate-roofed building can cause damage to the tiles if not approached properly. Our experts at Belfast Roofing suggest that you contact us with any questions you might have about accessing your slate roof, even if it is not directly associated with repair or maintenance. Our local roof tilers will take the utmost care with your costly slate roof.
Call us on 02890 844 368 (07739 138577 for emergencies) or fill out a form here and get in contact with Belfast’s best professionals for slate & tile roof repair.